today is an important day. this is jessica.
she was my suite-mate in college. and now she is old along with the rest of us. i wonder if things are the same now as they were then now that she has a few years on her...
* you always knew when it was her turn in the shower because she'd have the music blaring.
* she was forever losing things.
* if an object made it into her car....there is no way another human was going to find it....consider it gone! i often wondered if i would make it out of the car alive.
* she always tried to talk to me before breakfast (when she could actually get up and ready in time for breakfast) and was always met with a furrowed brow and my "are you insane?" look. never stopped her from trying, though!
* we once hid a camera and got her dancing for about 20 minutes straight. where in the world is that video?
* she set me up on a date to a mississippi state basketball game with her boyfriend. apparently, she was drunk that night?!? (and yes...i sure as heck went. i'm not turning down a basketball game!)
* she was my anatomy lab partner. we dissected a pig named petey. i took the lenses from petey's eyes and lovingly placed them on her pillow. i'm pretty sure she never forgave me for that.
* i know that deep down she wishes i was around to decorate her room with streamers and balloons this year for her birthday!
see that other girl in the white t-shirt? that's amber. she helped blow up all those balloons. i can't remember if she blew up any for herself, but she should have because tomorrow is her birthday. old fogey.
but heck, she started falling apart long before the rest of us. didn't stop her from going out and getting her groove on though.
apparently, jessica and i weren't going to the same function she was. or either we were going extremely casual. i wouldn't put that past me. and i'm just gonna guess that not much has changed with this girl.
* she never talked in the morning until we were walking to breakfast. we got along great.
* she was always up for a weekly trip to "the hat" for some mexican. i still wish she lived with me in that regard.
* she was always successful at breaking curfew. even if that meant crawling in our window. thankfully we had a first floor room!
* she now has to sleep with the closet door closed.
* although, i'm guessing she no longer has a ben affleck poster on the door to say goodnight to.
* my music tastes were broadened because of her. you could hear that white camry thumping several miles away.
* i "helped" her through chemistry, and she "helped" me through accounting. fair trade!
* she is a swamp rat. we tried and tried to get a little mississippi to rub off on the south florida chick. we came close a time or two....
* but i don't think it worked. her cow pasture, 4-wheeler riding days are long gone as she is now back in south florida. and probably very happy being there because did you check out the white high-tops on mandy in those pictures?!? she probably wants to get as far away as she can!! :)
you both know there is so much more that i could write about each of you, but i'm not sure the blog-o-sphere needs to be enlightened about such details! thanks so much for the awesome memories at college, and i hope you both have great birthdays!! party hard, but make sure y'all are in bed by 10pm. mornings are rough on old people!